The more I thought about it, the more I believed it was going to happen. I started creating scenarios in my head when I was 21 years old. I didn’t realize what was happening to me at that time. I came to realization about my mental illness at the age of 23, when I finally had the courage to go to a doctor. I wish I had gone earlier.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.