So, I’ve been hearing that our branch might be closing down and alll through the grapevine of course, the company will obviously not inform us till we’re on our knees. This means I’m on the job hunt again, after having worked here for just close to 3 years. It just feels so sad and so strange that employees don’t really mean much to a company and are irreplaceable. Moreover, the physical and mental burden that unemployment brings , till I’m back on my feet and I know that I have a job. Sometimes, really, there’s only so much optimism that you can force out of yourself. Just want this phase to get over soon.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.