My wife has almost no sex drive due to a side effect of a medication she has. We have been less and less intimate in the 5 years we have been together. When we were dating we stopped having sex to wait till we got married and I didn’t think much of it other than the challenge and we have been married almost 2 years now and have had actual sex less than 6 times since marriage. It’s frustrating because she says she will make a doctors appointment to change her meds but then never does. And she will get emotional about it if we start talking about it so I try to bring it up at most once or twice a month. She finally has an appointment only because she can’t renew her meds over the phone. I don’t want to divorce my wife but it might come down to it. Sometimes I feel like I need to be more patient but other times I feel like I have been patient enough and need to bring up divorce with her we get along and have a great relationship but I don’t want to ruin it for my sexual desires.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.