My best friend is going through a really hard breakup and constantly sinks into a dark place because of it. I don’t know how to help her or what to say because I haven’t experienced what she has. She thinks she won’t ever be able to get over him and I don’t know how to help her.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.