I can’t help but sit in my kitchen feeling bloating, fat, ugly, angry, upset, worried, and unloved. For as long as I can remember I’ve struggled with my eating habits but it didn’t start to affect my life THAT much up until two years ago. I know I already ate, I know I’m full. I had 6 huge hunks of these almond butter bars and then two small tacos. Earlier I had a small bowl of cereal with a whole mango. I feel sick. I feel unloved. My boyfriend doesn’t know. My friends don’t understand. My parents will think I’m dramatic. My siblings are tired of hearing it. I’m so lost and so so so angry and I just wanna hide because I don’t feel like I deserve love.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.