Hi guys. Amidst this pandemic of corona virus, I came across a very strange situation in my life. I had pre-approved leaves which happened to coincide with the corona period. Most of the state governments have issued notifications asking employers to allow work from home.
Since we had also been issued a work from home option, I thought of availing my leaves and going back to my hometown. Honestly I needed a small break from my hectic work life.
My employer assumed that I wudnt avail my leaves as people had stopped travelling owing to the contagious behavior of corona virus. However, I planned to avail my leaves as approved also because I was scared to be alone in such a bad situation and wanted to be with family.
Therefore, I communicated the same to my employer to which he threatened me with downsizing and all owing to the prospective recession. I was a little baffled at this. I have worked like crazy for him, with or without sleep, with or without food and I was threatened by recession’s repercussion.
I would need some advice from everyone who reads this as to how do I react to such a threat.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.