Well my parents got divorced like 2-3 years ago and I feel like our family is still actively falling apart. I have three siblings, but one of them is already an adult so I live with two siblings and my mom. My mom and dad constantly badmouth each other to try and get us to view things their way and hate the other parent. One of my siblings never follows the rules we have set for our family, so it seems like the rules are now useless. Our family never knows how to communicate, and I feel like we never apologize or anything to each other. We have tried to fix this multiple times, but it always goes back to the way it was before.
How do I cope with my dysfunctional family? I feel so conflicted, and I just don’t want to deal with it all anymore. I’ve tried talking to other people in my life, but it’s so hard to open up because I have anxiety and can’t talk to them without fearing judgment and stuff. I don’t know, I’m just here to rant haha
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.