Body shape doesn’t matter, but weight does because it determines your health. It’s not about image. It’s about health. If you are underweight or overweight you will get health issues. That’s why we have a BMI chart. Not to define perfect body. But to define the healthy weight of a human being. And not being able to lose/gain weight because of an illness is not that common. “It’s generics” also doesn’t excuse you. We don’t need a “accepted body image” or “body positivity”. We need healthy people. Prove me wrong!
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.