Sometimes I feel like life doesn’t have meaning and sometimes I feel like it’s purpose is to destroy me. My parents don’t support me and keep forcing their expectations. I don’t feel like studying and I have so much incomplete work. My friends and my boyfriend only text me back when I text them. I’ve been heartbroken before and it left a permanent mark. I’ve had suicidal thoughts before and I’m having them again. I’ve hurt myself in the past too. I cry every night under a blanket and I don’t know what to do. I told my friends earlier about my suicidal thoughts before and they treated it like a joke so I haven’t told them this time. One of my best friend keeps creating dramas and I’m too tired to deal with it anymore. I just feel like dying.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.