Should I ask my crush out or reject her? I’m currently in my senior year and I know we’ve both have liked each other for years. The only problem is my gut is telling me not to date her but my mind is telling me to give her a chance.
She’s a nice girl but I feel nervous around her and she’s really shy around me. She has a hard time looking me in the eye and gives brief answers to my questions yet still goes out of her way to talk to me and be around me. The biggest uncertainty I have I whether or not we’ll get along or have things in common. We hang out in different social circles so that’s why I’m worried about that. She hangs out with the popular crowd while I hang out with more nerdy / low key people. I’m also worried about if my nerves will go away by getting to know her. But I’ve also been told to always listen to your gut.
Should I give her a chance, get to know her and see where things go or tell that we shouldn’t date at all because things might not work out?
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.