I’ve been trying to ignore it for awhile, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult. I try to not think about it, but my stomach flips at the thought of him. I feel very sick to my stomach and I feel so dumb and nervous and… I don’t think I’ve ever liked someone this bad. And it’s frightening, because he has been my friend for about three years now. And I like him a lot… I’ve never been in a relationship before, but over the course of our friendship I’ve seen him go through a few. They never bothered me THAT much… except for his last one… I felt very annoyed and I couldn’t pinpoint why, and now that we practically spend almost every waking moment together I can clearly see why… I don’t want to like you… You’re amazing, but I just can’t imagine that you could ever possibly feel the same. I like you so much it makes me sick to my stomach… This is annoying. I really like talking to you. What the fuck.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.