Insecure, low, well these two are my constant feelings, sometimes they are accompanied by overthinking. Fortunately today is not one of the day. This constant need of assurance is eating me alive and this feeling is making me push everything that is good in my life. I don’t know how to overcome that, I don’t know how to tell myself that these feelings will go away and I will be better soon because I have had these feelings for as long as I remember, worst and the funny part is now when I’m happy( which is a rare happening) i get scared as if I’m not allowed to be happy, that feeling is so unfamiliar that I feel something is bad going to happen soon. I wish I could be at peace, I’m tired of this feeling.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.