I’m 23 living at my father’s house and I have no job and I didn’t finish my law degree. I have no where else to go and today , not for the first time, grabbed me by the neck because I talked back to him. It still hurts and I asked him in front of my sister why he did that, he flat out denied it and 5 minutes later he’s telling his girlfriend about it and their laughing it even though she was there for the vocal part of the altercation. I wish I had some else to go.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.