I love my girlfriend. She lives with me. We have normal relationship issues, but, there’s something inside me that desires more independence (like living separately but possibly still dating monogamously). How do I deal w the intense guilt? Is this normal? If moving out means she wants to breakup, what does that mean about how she REALLY feels about me? Should I care about what her family thinks/says about me? Is this a gradual or abrupt process - like should I help her find a place, etc…? I can’t sleep…I think about this almost every night these days…
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.