I lost my dad five years ago, I’m still grieving and trying to deal with the loss. I’m not allowed to express what I feel at home, if I ever cry thinking about dad I get scolded and I get called horrible names. I’m drowning with this toxic environment around me I’m tired of faking that nothing is wrong. This is the only way I am able to express what I feel.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.