I have alot of anxiety and as much as I try to be positive, I always end up being having thoughts of death or something disastrous. And I have lived with this fear since I was a child and it got even more intensified when my dad had a heart attack last year. He’s okay now, touchwood, but I’m always worried about my parents health. It makes it very difficult for me to stay away from home since I’m a college student and there are times when I stay up late, crying and I just can’t sleep because I’m somehow convinced that all bad things happen at night time.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.