I have a friend who I play Minecraft with. We know each other for a long time now and we always had fun together. Ever since he told me he is depressed the second time this year he started acting really aggressive towards me. I am annoying to him and he doesn’t want me to meet his friends because he thinks I might ruin their friendship. I feel useless, now he doesn’t want to play with me anymore or barely plays with me, he doesn’t talk much either. I feel like all I do is ruin his life because that’s what he said. I still have to be friends with him because my mom knows about his mental state and wants me to help him while I am not able to since I am not feeling that well too.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.