I feel sad today. Because im thinking/remebering about my past. And the story about my past is that I was sexually assaulted. I don’t want to say who, well because im afraid that people will think its weird. The person who sexually assaulted me was my own brother. Because of what happened I started hating myself. I even started cutting myself and thinking about suicidal thoughts. I was only 9 or 10… But little by little I started loving myself because it wasn’t my fault that it happened. So I want y’all to know that you ARE worth it. You ARE important. Please be strong. If i did it, then you can too. I love you.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.