I feel really insecure. I haven’t had the best luck when it comes to love and it has affected my self-esteem in a really bad way. I’ve had two boyfriends and both of the relationships ended because they cheated. The first boyfriend cheated on me with some girl and then left me to be with that girl. The second boyfriend had affairs and he also tried to have sex with my friend. Then he took naked pictures of me and showed them to his friends. These events have left a permanent mark on me and I can’t stop blaiming myself. I feel like I’m not enough for anyone and that’s why they cheat. I have never felt this depressed and insecure before. Is it possible for me to start loving myself even after all these things? How do I get a better self esteem? Am I ever going to be enough?
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.