I feel like I can’t be with other people without acting. I always try to act as somebody they want to be around, somebody that’s okay inside, but really I’m not. I put on a mask so often I don’t even know who I am anymore. I hate acting so often, but if I show them who I really am (which I don’t even know anymore), I’m scared that they’ll hate me.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.