I don’t know if being scared of attachments and affection is recognized as a phobia but shit man I’m scared of that on a spiritual level. growing up I’ve witnessed my dads behaviors and also experienced it. I am afraid ill turn out like him. I don’t want to be like him. but I already am. I am afraid of getting into relationships, showing that I care, showing that I love. I don’t know how to. I don’t know if I am capable of loving someone, and I don’t mean that in a friendship way but relationship wise. (Captain marvel trying to shoot down Ronan is literally me @ affection- if you’ve seen Captain Marvel, you’ll get it. if you haven’t, don’t.).
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.