I cannot be idle without either slipping into depression or getting drunk/high. I use whatever I can to alter my perception of reality. I have had nothing traumatic happen to me. I am not physically addicted to anything. I have an intense need for attention. I am very good with people when I imbibe the right amount of alcohol. But the right amount of alcohol often leads to the wrong amount and I fuck up somehow. My job means I am alone almost all the time. I have a family (wife 3 kids 2 of which are at home and young) I need to talk right now. I don’t know what about but I need to be distracted for a while
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.