I am much too old i think to feel like i do. 47! And still have not learned. Let me start at the problem: i am married, we have been together 10 years. My husband is great, works hard, loves me. But works alot. Is tired. And i am very alone. I had a male friend for the past 3 years. We recently crossed the line. Now, he (male friend) has ignored every text, message, etc. Wont talk to me at all. He is in a relationship too. Well, fine. I get it. But it compounds my feelings of lonliness. Again, my husband comes home, sleeps, goes to work. Our sex life is zip. I feel so old, ugly, useless and just done. I never thought my “friend” would turn on me like he did. It hurts. Being somewhat ignored by my husband hurts. Just tired of being and feeling this way. Do i just settle for nothing? Do i get counseling? Do i find a new fling? So lost. …
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.