I am feeling sad. I feel like I have no friends. I joined Now & Me because I want to have somebody to confide with. I want advice on how to make friends, how to be more social, and other things.
There is no theory for making new friends…just get outside of your house and start talking even with stranger. From day 2 he will also be your frnd… and don’t worry here now and me we all are friends
Thanks for opening up to us at Now&Me!
As much as I would like to tell you that we all friends at Now&me and we’re here to hear you out, I also think it will be great if you get some real suggestions on how to actually make real friends, so that you do not have to resort to online media to find support. However, ping us here anytime.
1. One of the key tips to making friends is to be yourself and not push your own boundaries just for the sake of making friends.
2. Be true to yourself while respecting the other’s opinions about anything you’re talking about.
3. Open up with your feelings and trust the person you are sharing your heart with. This will make the person believe that they could really help you and might even open up to you about their own problems. Hear willingly and do not compare your problems/loneliness to theirs.
4. Do not say no when your friends plan a day out next time. Even if these are not very close friends yet, give it a shot!
5. Do not try to fit in but do not forget to be cooperative.
6. SMILE more often!! Do not shut yourself up at someone’s face. Smile at them. I can’t emphasize enough how much a smile can help you in making friends. You instantly become 100% more attractive to people.
7. Do not repeat your sad emotions more than once or twice at the very beginning of a friendship. Instead, tell them happier things about yourself like, your hobbies, your interests, your crushes, your favorite sport, things you’d like to plan with them in the future etc. This involves them in your life and does not make them feel burdened by what all your have been through. Give them a positive side of your at the beginning. As the friendship develops, you will have plenty of time to discuss your sadness with them. With time, they will also be 100% more attentive and willing to help you and will be less likely to step back!
Good Luck with that!
Stay positive and act with certainty while approaching new people; as if you already know you’ve made a friend!