I am 14 year old girl dealing with anorexia. I was seeing therapyst for more than a half year and I regained weight and I was told that I don’t need to go to them anymore. I continued on my own once again and I lost some weight, my parents noticed it and now they want me to go to my therapyst again. I really don’t think I can mentally handle it. That place gave me big trauma and my head hurts and I cry about the fact that I might be getting back there again. I am not recovered from my eating disorder clearly, but I don’t know what to do.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.