Hi! I’m friendly, outgoing, forgiving, caring, and most people know me as having an optimistic attitude. But my optimism isn’t always real. I’m just really good about not letting anyone see my sadness and insecurities. I rarely share my true feelings for fear of being hurt. I’ve been looking for something like this just to get out my thoughts, anxiety, stress and my overall feelings of feeling lost and lonely. I have friends and a large family but no one i trust to not make me feel worse than i do or gossip about the things I’m going through. They are judgmental and would think less of me if i shared these things. There are parts of my life they know nothing about and could never understand. I have been through so many things and I’m a great listener, non judgmental and understanding for anyone that needs me. I know how it feels to be lonely even when surrounded by people.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.