ORGANIZED INTO CATEGORIES IN OTHER POST IN MY PROFILE. This one is really messy.
Hey, so, as this tag (music) has just been created i wanted to break the ice and try to generate some kind of chat were we can share different songs that had helped us to get through some sh**ty moments and stuff (or we just like them).
So, first, i’d like to say that music is my life, i have always had this sensitivity (also in general) to some specific songs, not necessarily an specific music genre. I could listen to that song and instantly get in the deep mood which provoked in me (sadness, melancholia, euphoria, hope, growth).
So to put here some examples (also some lgbtiqa+ themed songs down there):
Aclaration: When i put a slash (/) it separates different songs but with similar themes.
- Billie Eilish: come out and play----------for those who want to show themselves and their creations (especially art) out there but are to scared to do so)
- Cage The Elephant: Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked.
- Conan Gray: Comfort Crowd-------------One for the lonely people (almost everyone)
- Conan Gray: I Know A Place / Sometime-------------To everyone who just wants to go somewhere else.
- Conan Gray: Idle Town / Little League / The Other Side----------Yeah, good melancholia.
- Conan Gray (yes, i love him): The Cut That Always Bleeds-----------For when you’re tired in being the second best of someone.
- dodie: Sick Of Losing Soulmates
- Ed Sheeran: What Do I Know?
- FINNEAS: I Lost A Friend
- All Gracie Abrams songs, especialy: I miss you, I’m sorry
- Halsey: Drive / New Americana----------for when you have no hope in humanity (but still a little bit).
- Jaymes Young: I’ll Be Good.
- Jeremy Zucker: scared-------------THIS IS A REALLY GOOD ONE
- Kesha: Here Comes The Change----------Equality hymn
- Kodaline: All I Want
- Kodaline: Brother----------I got you.
- Kodaline: High Hopes.
- La La Land (Emma Stone): Audition (The Fools Who Dream).
- Labrinth: Jealous.
- Lauv, Troye Sivan: i’m so tired…
- LÉON: Pink------------i love the acoustic live version.
- Linkin Park: Iridescent / One More Light------------don’t lose hope.
- Lorde: A World Alone.
- Lorde: Perfect Places---------------Drugs and depression.
- Lorde: Buzzcut Season.
- Lorde: Liability.-------------This one always hits hard.
- Lorde: Royals.
- Lorde: Wroter In The Dark.
- Louis Tomlinson: Miss You.
- Michael Schulte: You Let Me Walk Alone------------One for the mourning or in gief.
- My Chemical Romance: Cancer------------Diseases suck (Physical and mental ones).
- MCR: Teenagers.
- P!nk: Walk Me Home-------------I need a safe place.
- Panic! At The Disco: House of Memories.
- Rise Cast (Spring Awakening musical): I Believe / Scars To Your Beatiful
- Shawn Mendes: A Little Too Much-----------Sometimes it all gets a little too much.
- Shawn Mendes: Life of the Party.
- Shawn Mendes: Use Somebody.
- Taylor Swift: You Need To Calm Down-----------Another queer one (You have to know this one)
- The Goo Goo Dolls: Iris------------I don’t want the world to see me, 'cause i don’t think that they’d understand (…)I just want you to know who I am.
- A lot of Twenty One Pilots songs are really deep (more like all of them) but these are the ones that hit harder (and that i really understand):
Air catcher / Before You Start Your Day / Car Radio / Christmas Saves The Year (2020) / Fall Away (Be careful with the volume in this one) / Forest / Friend, Please / Goner / Hometown / Kitchen Sink / Lovely / Migraine / Neon Gravestones / Not Today / Slowtown / The Judge / Truce
Wow that’s a lot. Sorry.
- Weathers: I’m Not Ok.
Now, some just LGBTIQA+ themed ones:
- Allie Grace: Ordinary----------------Also touches the ‘not fitting in’ feeling. You don’t have to be ordinary (Or straight).
- Wrabel: The Village-------------- A wonderful one, please LISTEN to it.
- Abbey Glover: I Wish You Liked Girls.
- dodie: She
- Billie Eilish: wish you were gay (not actually gay but you can interpretate it the way you want to)
- Calum Scott: No Matter What.
- Clairo: Sofia.
- Jonathan Groff: All That’s Known-----------LGBTIQA+ themed (more or less) I recommend the musical (Spring Awakening) and the serie inspired by it (Rise).
- girl in red (now, get ready): two queens in a king sized bed / 4am / i need to be alone / forget her. / girls / i wanna be your girlfriend / i’ll die anyway (this is a depressive one) / Say It / midnight love / watch you sleep. / we fell in love in october.
- Hayley Kiyoko: Demonds / Feelings / Girls Like Girls / HNLY / L.O.V.E. Me / Wanna be Missed.
- The Neighbourhood: Sweater Weather----------Also, Conan Gray’s cover is so good. It think if you’re LGBTIQA+ you’ll know why i’ll say this is a bisexual themed song.
- Cavetown: This Is Home-----------This is a song that tackles trans dysphoria problems, anxiety and depression. Even though I’m not trans, it hits hard.
- Lily Allen: Fu** You (Not just lgbtiqa+ but equality themed)
- Rizha: Cute Bitch.
- Sam Smith: HIM
- Taylor Louderman: Little Miss Perfect-------------LGBTIQA+ themed (really good musical piece)
- Kesha: Rainbow----------Queer hymn.
So that is all, a lot. If you want to just listen to some of them it will be great. If you want me to separate them in categories or something like sad ones, and happy ones, and vindictive ones, melancholic… I can do it, just ask for it (I’VE ALREADY DONE IT, CHECK IT OUT IN MY PROFILE). Thanks.
I don’t know if anyone’s really gonna see this. If you have some opinion just write it down there.
Hey. That’s actually so incredible that you made an entire playlist out of it. Such beautiful songs I absolutely love it.
I feel it’ll be better if you could group it into categories, it’ll be easier for everyone no?
I’ll get to it ASAP.
This. this is beautiful, i LOVE what you’ve started!! Music has saved my life more than once, and I’m so happy someone else understands that passion!
These songs have meant a lot to me and helped me understand myself and heal, and sometimes even just help me feel when I’ve been numbed by depression.
-Cold by the Veronicas
-You Ruin Me by the Veronicas
-Hall of Fame by The Script
-Iris by the Goo-Goo Dolls
-Never Give Up On Your Dreams by 2 Steps From Hell (there’s a video on youtube that’s got super inspirational videos to it)
-Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi
-Mala Gente by Juanes
-Suenos by Juanes
-Teeth by 5SOS
-Everybody’s Fool by Evanescense
-Sorry by Halsey
-Ghost by Ella Henderson
-Pretty Girl (idk who does it but I watch a nighcore version)
-Bright Lights by Matchbox 20
-Jar of hearts by Christina Perri
There are so many more, but I hope these help other people too!
I’ve posted the songs into categories in case you want to check’em out
Hey, i’ve posted an organized one, so if this is one is really messy, just look at my profile and you’ll find the one with categories