Hey I don’t know how many of you will relate but my life is kinda killed by my social anxiety like I can’t even stand up in front of 5 people and speak. Throughout my school life I’ve never participated in anything which never gave me a practice to speak up. Including all of this I don’t even speak English fluently. My whole freaking life is stuck because of this. I try so much to not to be like this i hate myself because of this I can’t do stuff in my college because of this. I’m always left behind in my group because of my lack of confidence or say lack of skills. I don’t even know what i am good at. I am turning 20 in 2 months and it scares me. I’ll never be good enough. Even my boyfriend is not actually proud of me I don’t blame him tho I haven’t done anything to be proud of. He keeps telling me about all the other girls doing stuff and overachieving things. It’s frustrating.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.