I keep coming back to write here. Self-acceptance is the key to self-love and right now, I am trying so hard to make myself understand that even though I am feeling so down, the world has not ended. When I was friendless in school and college, it did not hurt me. I seldom bothered. But once I opened my heart to love and friendship, it always kicked me right in the face. Maybe I was wrong, maybe the people I opened up to is wrong. It does not make a difference as I know I have to start walking alone again. I do not know what I might find in the future, all I want is just not to be hurt again even after giving so much love.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.