As I wake up every morning, a sense of despair embraces me. That nothing will go right, that this world is too cruel and its humans too. I am not a very smart person who can say many witty things or keep a conversation warm, but I can be very trustworthy. I never had any friend who would give a shit about me. And at this stage of life, I am too tired and afraid to look for one who will understand and respect my feelings. The only friend I trusted, has betrayed me over and over. And I can see that she never valued me, is only with me because of necessity. I sometimes envy those who has found love or friendship.
I just wish my friendship, my love and my contribution were acknowledged.
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.