anyone else feel as if no one will ever love you. i’ve never had a boyfriend and don’t think i will ever have one tbh. i chicken out when someone gets too close, i push them away. i find it hard to tell my mum and brother that i love them. my dad was abusive and used to hurt me psychologically and physically, me and my mum. he used to favour my brother and leave me out of things, he said that there was something wrong with me and that i wasn’t good enough. i am now 17, i haven’t had contact with him since 2013. he makes me physically sick and angry. i want to be able to confront him when i am older. he isn’t allowed to have contact with me, but when i am 18 that all changes. i basically feel damaged and broken, i don’t want to feel like that anymore.
dk if anyone else has a shitty dad, but i just needed to write that
How should I reply?
- Read the thoughts carefully to understand the emotions behind them.
- Take your time to think before your respond.
- Your words matter. Use them to show support.
- Try to be as honest and open-minded as possible.
- Personal responses go a long way in keeping the community kind, loving and empathetic.