Whether you’re a student, a working professional, or a teenager, boredom can strike you anytime, any day. Even though it is quite normal to get bored with your day-to-day activities, what are some of the things that can bring back your fun and joyful side?
Maybe try new activities? Or maybe get out of your comfort zone?
Let’s see what to do when bored.
Fun Things To Do At Home
While thinking about everything that you can do outside your home, there are massively fun things to do at home itself. Let’s check out what to do when bored at home.
- Learn to play an instrument.
- Learn to play mindful games like chess or sudoku.
- Do a movie marathon.
- Learn a new language.
- Call your friends and family.
- Learn to cook a new cuisine or dish.
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- Learn everything about astrology or tarot cards.
- Learn how to crochet.
- Have an indoor picnic with your family.
- Learn how to do origami.
- Have a party with your loved ones.
- Start your own podcast.
- Start reading books that you've never read.
- Challenge yourself with new courses.
Productive Things To Do When You Are Bored
Just because you are bored doesn’t mean you have to do something fun or go to a party. You can always do something productive and make your time useful. Here are some things to do when you are bored.
- Try your hands at creative projects.
- Start exercising for 30 minutes.
- Go for a walk while listening to music.
- Do your laundry.
- Start journaling your thoughts.
- Organize your closet.
- Get to decluttering and make your room aesthetically pleasing.
- Learn how to handle finances.
- Start meditating.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Plan your next vacation.
- Begin a DIY project.
- Build your freelance career (if you want to!)
- Update your resume. (I am sure it is high time)
- Visit an art gallery and get some inspiration.
Creative Things To Do When You Are Bored
Everyone has a creative side. If you haven’t found yours, it is time to find it now. Here are some creative things to do when bored, and while you are doing these, you never know; you might find your hidden talent or passion. So here is a list of creative things to do when bored.
- Try your hands at painting or designing.
- Redecorate your room.
- Take a pottery class.
- Make a vision board for your dreams and goals.
- Make a bucket list and start working on it.
- Learn to make cocktails and mocktails.
- Tie-dye your white or old shirts.
- Try bakery.
- Do karaoke with your friends.
- Sign up for dancing lessons.
- Go back to your childhood and color your drawing books.
- Learn to make mandalas.
- Interview your parents and grandparents.
- Talk to your neighbors and ask about their stories.
- Start gardening.
DIY Things To Do When You Are Bored
DIY can be a bit hard, but if you never try your first project, you will never know. Even though it can be difficult to start by gathering materials, it is a great way to try new things and make something for yourself or your loved ones. Here is what to do when bored.
- Paint your indoor pots.
- Make your own artwork by using old, vintage stuff.
- Paint your own wall.
- Make a composting pit.
- Make a small pet house for your dog.
- Learn how to do cross-stitching.
- Make coasters for your home.
- Try finger painting.
- Paint your own clothes.
- Make lanterns for your room.
- Make funky pottery for your home.
- Make yourself a new dress or suit.
- Make your own curtains.
- Make yourself cool and funky accessories.
- Learn carpenting and make your own furniture.
Cool Things To Do When You Are Bored
If you are feeling bored, this is your chance to do some cool things. Here is what to do when you are bored at home or outside.
- Go on a solo date. (why not?)
- Visit all the historical monuments in your city.
- Visit a local thrift store.
- Make a stranger smile.
- Try out a new cuisine or dish.
- Treat yourself to impulsive shopping.
- Get your palm read.
- Get a tattoo or piercing.
- Get your hair dyed.
- Try out a new hobby, like pottery or cooking.
- Go out on a date with a stranger.
- Go out on a girl's night out.
- Go to an antique store.
- Go on an impulsive trip to a small village and learn about their culture.
Active Things To Do When You Are Bored
If you are feeling bored, this is your chance to do something fun and exciting. Something like heading out of your home and having the time of your life. You do not have to do anything heavy necessarily, but something active that will help you out of your boredom.
- Head out of your home without any set plan and do things spontaneously.
- Learn yoga.
- Ride a bicycle like you did when you were young.
- Learn a sport completely out of your comfort zone.
- Go bowling.
- Go on a long walk with your partner or best friend.
- Go swimming.
- Collaborate with NGOs and volunteer.
- Go on a solo date or trip.
- Dance to your favorite tunes.
- Go hiking.
- Try ice-skating.
- Go stargazing with your friends or partner.
- Go for a walk while listening to music.
- Become a tourist in your own hometown.
Educational Things To Do When You Are Bored
If you are feeling bored, you can always make use of this time to learn something educational. Here is what to do when bored.
- Take an online course on something that really interests you.
- Listen to podcasts or audiobooks.
- Learn a new language.
- Read self-help or philosophical books.
- Watch a documentary.
- Watch educational TV series or movies.
- Apply for volunteering opportunities.
- Visit a museum.
- Visit historical monuments.
- Watch TED talk.
- Learn everything related to handling finances and the stock market.
- Research AI and how to use it to your advantage.
- Start giving tuition to your juniors or peers.
- Learn how to play chess or sudoku.
- Pick up a hobby outside of your comfort zone.
Outdoor Things To Do When You Are Bored
There is nothing better than going out in the refreshing air and basking under the sun, especially when you are bored. Here is what to do when bored.
- Go on a picnic.
- Get up at 5 a.m. and watch the sunrise.
- Go jogging.
- Go flower picking and decorate your home.
- Visit a water park.
- Have lunch at an open cafe while reading your favorite book.
- Have a barbecue.
- Take a leisurely stroll.
- Drink coffee and sit with nature.
- Sit in a park and listen to music.
- Go camping.
- Take a stroll with your pet.
- Set up a tent in your backyard.
- Go to the beach.
- Start composting.
Relaxing Things To Do When You Are Bored
When you are bored, you don't necessarily have to do something productive. You can cut yourself some slack and lay back and do something relaxing and fun. Here are some relaxing things to do when bored at home or outside.
- Get a massage.
- Treat yourself to some pampering, like a hair spa.
- Do some self-care routines.
- Get away from gadgets and spend time with yourself and your family.
- Write a gratitude journal.
- Book a hotel and enjoy one day of doing nothing.
- Have a relaxing bubble bath.
- Dim the light, put on your favorite TV show/movie and enjoy a glass of wine.
- Do some yoga and meditation.
- Catch up with an old friend.
- Clean your room and change your sheets.
- Clean your wardrobe and donate clothes that you do not wear.
- Listen to relaxing tunes and read your favorite book.
- Go on a long drive without thinking about the destination.
Relieve your Boredom by Joining the Now&Me Community
Our Now&Me community is a fun, safe, and healthy place for you to share your feelings and meet like-minded people to help you get rid of your boredom. It is a platform made for you to feel lighter by writing out whatever is weighing you down and even helping you out of your boredom. Become a part of the larger community and connect with like-minded people, meet them, indulge in fun activities, and share your thoughts with each other.
Sign up on Now&Me and become a part of a non-judgmental, inclusive, and friendly community . A platform made for you to readily ask for help, make meaningful connections, and let our therapists help you with whatever issues concern you.
Invest in your mental health and download the Now&Me app for free.