“My life has been a continuum of unanswered prayers and you bear the largest portion of that.”
Almost everyone else has experienced one-sided love. You might have as well, and believe me when I say that we understand. We understand how frustrating it may be when your love is not reciprocated.
Human nature dictates that when you love someone deeply, you should expect the same in return. However, there are situations when the person you love does not return your love, which can be exceedingly hurtful.
Worse, because not everyone understands what the person is going through, discussing is not an option. Although, thanks to Now&Me, a free platform where you may anonymously share all of your emotions and unbundle your feelings, it is no longer an issue anymore.
Have you ever noticed how people express themselves and talk about their unreciprocated feelings on a daily basis on Now&Me? Take a peek around.
7 Things We Have Done for Our Crush - Now&Me Edition
1. When they ghost you, you get that sudden feeling of emptiness.
Unrequited love can sometimes be depressing and exhausting because you care about someone who does not reciprocate your feelings. Although happy moments can make you feel good, they can also make you miserable if they don't always give you the attention you desire. You can quickly become sombre and upset, especially if the person you love ignores you or does not respond to your texts or phone calls.
2. Love causes you to ponder life more deeply.
One-sided love can take you almost totally at times, forcing you to think deeper about life's principles. And look at that, eighteen of Now&Me's sympathetic soldiers have joined forces already. Too many one-sided lovers on the platform, I guess?
3. When your wholehearted efforts go unnoticed. True love drives you to do the most silly and adorable things for the people you care about, such as remembering every detail of their personal favourites, writing love letters admitting your feelings for them, or creating playlists of their favourite love songs, as our anonymous buddy did.
4. When the person you love loves someone else. Many of us have had the desire to have a relationship with someone at some point in our lives, even if they did not feel the same way about us. And do you know what the worst part is? When they fall in love with your own friend!
5. The fear of losing the friendship for the sake of love. Are you in love with someone but afraid to tell them? You don't simply want to be friends with them; you want to develop a loving relationship with your crush, but the fear of losing them totally keeps you from doing so. This anonymous user of Now&Me can totally relate to this.
6. When you are torn between your pride and your love. Yet another user with the same old tale to tell. Is your crush's ghosting an inevitable facet of one-sided love? But when love gets in the way of your pride, it's time to think about it.
7. The surge of inherent optimism in one-sided love. Unrequited love is often characterised by the feeling of being unable to stop loving someone. It's common to bury your sentiments when you love someone you can't have in order to avoid the hard truths of your life. However, when pushing through loss becomes tough, you may wish to cling to the sensation of unconditional love for a longer period of time.
Sometimes, you have to let your one-sided love go.
It can be extremely tough and painful to let go of someone you have loved wholeheartedly. However, love should not be the exclusive source of happiness in your life. Unrequited love should not be used as an excuse to cease living life to the fullest. So, if your sentiments are hurting you and making you feel sad and lonely, there are a few things you may do about it.
1. Lean on your friends and family for help When you're feeling down and lonely, get together with your friends and family or ring your best friend. You can confide in them if your emotions are bottled up. If you don't want to, you don't have to talk to them about your one-sided love, but it might help. People with experience in such things may be able to help you.
2. Unbottle your emotions on nowandme.com When it comes to love, it's not always simple to discuss openly about your feelings with your friends and family. Now&Me provides you with a safe environment in which you can openly express your unfiltered sentiments and emotions without fear of being judged. It's a community-based support system where kind and compassionate strangers root for your happiness and assist you in discovering the true meaning of life. What's even better? You can always choose to remain anonymous and let all your emotions pour out.
3. Focus on the other goals of your life Begin devoting time to your passions, hobbies, and interests that will help you in achieving your life's goals. It will also help you divert your attention away from the anguish of not receiving the unconditional love you have bestowed on someone.
4. Although it doesn't seem like it, happier days are ahead You'll feel a lot happier, more lively, and more receptive to the stronger relationship you deserve once you've moved on from the hurt. Acknowledge the heartache and sadness that comes with love that isn't returned. The more you face your reality, the happier you will become in the long run.
1. Can one-sided love be true love?
One-sided love is when you love someone but they don't love you back. Unrequited love can be a fling, but it can also be genuine love. Because you love someone knowing that they may never be yours, one-sided love is frequently the truest type of love. Nothing, however, can make you stop caring about that person.
2. What is the feeling of one-sided love?
One-sided love has different meanings for different people. It also depends on the circumstances surrounding a person's love. In many instances, the importance of other relationships in your life is lowered, and you focus solely on that special someone. In other situations, you go about your regular life without allowing your emotions to affect you.
3. Can one-sided love be successful?
Love that is one-sided does not always have to be unrequited love. When a person is persistent in expressing their sentiments, their love is frequently reciprocated over time. So, all my friends who are reading this, don't give up!
4. How do you get over one-sided love?
There are numerous approaches to overcoming one-sided love. Distractions might be found by exercising or reading a new book. You can also engage in self-love and exercise self-care to feel good about yourself. It doesn't have to be extravagant; it can be as simple as taking a good warm bath. Allow yourself to be unhappy so that you can recognise and move on from your feelings of unrequited love.