Thought

πŸ‘€
Anonymous

I was commenting this one on someone’s post but better post it as a seperate post. 99% people still are not educated about the difference between sex, gender and sexuality. So I thought to post this. Do read it, it won’t take more than 2 minutes.

First of all understand the difference between sex, gender and sexuality. Sex is what you’re born with and it is related to your reproductive organs. There are two types of sexes that is male and female(there are 4 other sex too but they are not very common) but gender is a whole spectrum. Masculine and feminine being the far extremes of gender spectrum. Gender is a social construct. For example society thinks that girls like pink colour and it is supposed to be feminine characteristic to like pink colour, but it’s not at all necessary. Similarly society thinks boys are strong and they are not supposed to cry, which again is not necessary at all. Point being gender is something which society created and you can lie on any point of gender spectrum. Most people are born with either male/masculine or female/feminine. Some people are born with male as their sex and they are on the feminine side of spectrum, similarly some people are born with female as gender and they are on masculine side of spectrum. Sexuality is whom you’re attracted to. It sure is complicated but you have to be kind and accept people as whoever they are. There’s nothing wrong with writing pronouns.

Profile picture for Now&Me member @akash651
🏩
πŸ‘€
6 replies
Profile picture for Now&Me member @akash651

Akash M @akash651

β€’

I think 99% of fall under the general catagory who are mostly Heterosex.al male/masculine or Heterosexual female/faminine and they are not confused about their gender, s3x, and s3xual orientation. The rest 1% on the other side do get confused.

PS- Dont grill about this %age stat. I dont know if there is a census for LGBTQ worldwide.

πŸ‘€
Anonymous
β€’

Ahhh chill, not necessarily confused but it’s basic thing which should be taught so that people can atleast appreciate that yes not everybody is same. i’m heterosexual as well but I was somehow taught about this so shared. I just thought to post it cause someone just shared that it’s stoo pid to write pronouns. Stats are not correct, I just wrote them(sorry πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). Have a good day, it’s not ranting just sharing something.

Profile picture for Now&Me member @akash651

Akash M @akash651

β€’

Its fine, I was just sharing my own opinion. And I have been wrong plenty of time so I am not judging your post, simply keeping my opinion. I welcome a debate not mindless bickering online fight so I appriciate your effort to clarify.

Profile picture for Now&Me member @akash651

Akash M @akash651

β€’

I agree that gender is a social constrct thats why it gets assigned at birth. And the traits of masculinity and feminity helps in identifying their gender. But in todays culture people are assigning and reassigning their gender and using pronoun to their own will. But the very foundation of any society is to have a disntict catagorisation under certain common ancient rule that these self gendered people wont obey. Till a new rule is formed for todays LGBTQ, they would contineu to suffer society’s critism.

Read more

@lunaaaa
I feel like shit. It seems like no matter what I do I will a… Read more
2
πŸ‘€
Anonymous
I'm really feeling sad day by day. I dont want to go to a di… Read more
5
πŸ‘€
Anonymous
I'm actually working hard is what I feel now. Doing a few in… Read more
1
Profile picture for Now&Me member @bounty

Nanda @bounty

Why do people those are on my friend circle wants to create … Read more
10

Avni @avni

To anyone who is struggling with being inconsistent, not doi… Read more
1
πŸ‘€
Anonymous
tell them what you feel for them we never know which day wil… Read more
2
Profile picture for Now&Me member @alanronaldo

Akash Roy @alanronaldo

Feeling lonely today!!
πŸ‘€
Anonymous
Well.. yikes.. Idk how to put it forwardπŸ‘‰πŸ½πŸ‘ˆπŸ½ Umm.. I jus… Read more
19